This high-throughput, next-generation sequencing test detects SARS-CoV-2, enables virus genome analysis in research use and SARS-CoV-2 surveillance.
Key Features and Benefits
- Accurate: Detects 98 targets on SARS-CoV-2 for highly accurate detection
- Comprehensive: Detects SARS-CoV-2 virus RNA; reports consensus genome calling for virus analysis under research use
- Quality Controlled: Built in quality control features in every reaction
- Flexible: Seamless end-to-end workflow. Temperature specification allows use of different thermocyclers.
- Scalable: Available on NovaSeq 6000, NextSeq 2000, or NextSeq 500/550/550Dx (in RUO mode) systems.
This test uses an amplicon approach for target resequencing of SARS-CoV-2. Consensus sequence is reported when +90 amplicons are detected. This information enables virus genome analysis for research use and provides insight into the SARS-CoV-2 strain present in the sample to help researchers track virus strains.
COVIDSeq can be used to perform strain typing for monitoring virus evolution and epidemiology. It can be used to report virus sequence in a clinical sample for Public Health and research applications.
Bioinformatics analysis and report available