Stool DNA extraction is useful in two aspects: pathogen detection and disease screening. While the utility of pathogen detection is obvious, a stool DNA test is a noninvasive new approach for screening for gastrointestinal (GI) cancers including colon, pancreas, stomach, biliary, and esophageal, and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease. Cells, including those from the surface of polyps and tumors, are continually shed from the lining of the GI tract and end up in the stool. By performing a stool DNA extraction, researchers can find biomarkers in the stool and gain insight into the disease status.
Whether the test is for pathogen or human host DNA, our silica filter-based stool DNA isolation procedure completely eliminates the contaminants and inhibitors commonly associated with stool samples. High-quality DNA can be extracted from as little as 200 mg stool samples. Additionally, our procedure is also automated for high throughput screening purposes. From initial sample homogenization and lysis to final DNA purification, all steps can be performed in 96-well format for maximum throughput.
The Omega Advantage:
- Scalable: From 200 mg to 2 g whole stool tube
- Contaminant- and inhibitor-free DNA
- Automated robotic platforms for sample prep and purification
- NanoDrop quantitation and quality analysis included at no extra charge
- Free cryostorage and requisition for 1 year
|Stool DNA Extraction Services||1-96||97-500||501-1,000||1,001+|
|Stool up to 200 mg||Inquire||Inquire||Inquire||Inquire|
|Stool up to 2 mg||Inquire||Inquire||Inquire||Inquire|
- Same day service available
- Standard 3-day
- Large scale projects, please inquire
- Agarose gel electrophoresis QC
- SNP genotyping
- Real-time qPCR for pathogen quantitation
- Sample concentration normalization from tube-to-tube or tube-to-plate
- Consultation for downstream analyses and study design
Contact Omega Bioservices today at (404) 665-2166 for more information on any of our next gen services, including stool DNA extraction.