Analysis of microfauna and microflora inhabiting soil, water, sediment and sludge is of particular interest in agricultural and environmental research. However, the challenge often lies in the ability to extract DNA or RNA of sufficient quality and quantity from these samples. Soil, for instance, contains high amount of humic substances (humic acids, fulvic acids an humin) which give it a range of color from yellow to dark brown to black. DNA and RNA extracted from soil using a standard kit often inherit this coloration, which interferes with accurate UV quantitation, and more importantly, acts as inhibitor for PCR analysis.
Our soil and water DNA/RNA extraction kits are designed specifically to handle environmental samples. DNA and RNA from tough-to-lyse bacteria, fungi, and algae that inhabit a range of samples including clay, sandy, peaty, chalky, and loamy soil samples, water and sewage sludge. Our proprietary color-reducing agents completely removes the coloration, making the isolated DNA and RNA usable for most downstream applications.
In conjunction with the Geno/Grinder and liquid handler robots, we have the capacity of extracting 1,000’s of samples per day.
The Omega Advantage:
- Proven quality: no coloration, no inhibitors
- Automated robotic platforms for all extractions
- NanoDrop quantitation and quality analysis included at no extra charge
- Free cryostorage and requisition for 1 year
|DNA/RNA Extraction Services||1-96||97-500||501-1,000||1,001+|
|Soil DNA 0.5 g||$15||$14||$13||Inquire|
|Soil DNA 2 g||$21||$19||$17||Inquire|
|Soil RNA 0.5 g||$18||$16||$14||Inquire|
|Soil RNA 2 g||$23||$21||$19||Inquire|
|Water filter DNA||$21||$19||$17||Inquire|
|Water filter RNA||$23||$21||$19||Inquire|
- Same day service available
- Standard 3-day
- Large scale projects, please inquire
- Agilent Bioanalyzer QC (RNA)
- Agarose gel electrophoresis QC (DNA/RNA)
- Real-time qPCR (DNA/RNA)
- Sample concentration normalization from tube-to-tube or tube-to-plate (DNA/RNA)
- Consultation for downstream analyses and study design