Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) are naturally occurring variations when a single nucleotide sequence differs between individuals or paired chromosomes with an individual. These genetic variations have long been known the be the underlying cause for disease predisposition, risk factor, illness severity, susceptibility to environmental factors such as viruses, bacteria, toxins, or response to drug treatment and therapy. For example, SNPs in the Apolipoprotein E gene defines 3 isoforms — E2, E3 and E4 — of the gene and are associated with a higher risk for Alzheimer’s disease. This makes SNPs extremely valuable for biomedical research and for developing pharmaceutical products or medical diagnosis (biomarkers).
SNPs are also evolutionarily stable, making them easier to follow in populations studies. This feature allows for the so-called DNA fingerprinting, which is widely used in forensic science and ancestry identification.
Our scientists have years of experience in SNP genotyping with millions of assays performed for disease association studies, clinical traits, and DNA fingerprinting. We use LIMS to the sample database, automated liquid handler robots for DNA normalization, and assay setup to ensure highest stringency.
The Omega Advantage:
- Flexible: TaqMan, KASPar, or other Allelic Discrimination Assay chemistry
- Seamless integration option: From DNA extraction to genotype report to biobanking
- Automated robotic platforms for all pre-PCR workflows
- Total confidence in sample and data management
- Capillary sequencing validation and confirmation available
|Assay setup fee||$360||Inquire|
- Same day service available
- Standard 3-day
- Large scale projects, please inquire
- Capillary sequencing validation and confirmation
- Consultation for downstream analyses and study design